Why be a Network Member?
Being a GEF NGO Network Member provides an exclusive opportunity for your organization to contribute towards better funding and policy outcomes related to the GEF and be part of a global network of NGOs where you will be able to share ideas and experiences with other NGOs in your line of work. Your active contribution could influence funding and policy decisions on the national, regional and global level and provide better opportunities for your organization.
Furthermore, membership to the Network is 100% FREE and gives you access to more resources that may open new opportunities and will enable your organization to carry out your work more effectively.
Benefits of being a GEF NGO Network Member:
- Have the opportunity to contribute to the policy making of GEF and raise any concerns on GEF processes or implementation
- Be able to participate in GEF NGO Consultation meetings and GEF Assembly Meetings
- Be eligible for consideration to attend GEF Council meetings as observers.
- Be eligible to run for elections to be a Regional Focal Point which will give your organization more opportunities to contribute to the GEF and Network activities.
- Receive regular updates on activities and events of the GEF NGO Network and the GEF
- Be notified of funding and capacity building opportunities