5th GEF Replenishment (GEF-5) - Third Meeting Oct '09
Oct. 14-15, 2009, Paris, France
Addtional Documents now available from the 19-October-2009 meeting:
Fourth Overall Performance Study of the GEF (OPS4) - Download Powerpoint File here (3 MB)
- OPS4 is an independent study to assess the extent to which the GEF is achieving its objectives and to identify potential improvements
- OPS4 is a working document of the 5th Replenishment of the GEF and will be presented to the Assembly in 05/2010.
- Terms of Reference approved by the GEF Council in 09/2008.
- Work had already started in 07/2008
- Data gathering stopped on 06/30/2009
- An interim report was presented to the second replenishment meeting, 06/2009
- Final report will be presented to the third replenishment meeting, 14 October, 2009
Programming Adaptation under the Least Developed Countries Fund and Special Climate Change Fund - Download Powerpoint File here (2.7MB)
Donor nations fund the GEF and every four years, they commit money through a process called the "GEF Replenishment." At the November 2008 meeting, the Council requested the Trustee of the Global Environment Facility, in cooperation with the CEO and Chairperson of the Facility, to initiate discussions on the fifth replenishment of resources of the GEF Trust Fund (“GEF-5”). Read more at the GEF Website here
- Planning Meeting, Nov.14, 2008, Washington DC
- First Meeting, March 17-18, 2009, Paris, France
- Second Meeting, June 25-26 , 2009, Washington DC
- Third Meeting, Oct. 14-15, 2009, Paris, France
>>> NGO_position_paper_on_GEF_5_Replenishment-_8th October 2009.pdf (0.06 MB)
The following working documents on GEF-5 Replenishment, Third Meeting are abstracted from the GEF website on 10-Oct-09 and replicated here for your convenience.
Least Developed Countries Fund (LDCF) and the Special Climate Change Fund (SCCF) Financing Meeting
Oct. 16, 2009, Paris, France